Friday, January 27, 2017

With Sympathy

Good morning!  I see some sun this morning and it is totally making this a great Friday already.  The snow just sparkles so beautifully in the sun and it has been SO gloomy lately.  Luckily, it hasn't been as cold as it normally is this time of year.  It's always nice when it snows and is warm enough to actually enjoy it.  I hope you are all enjoying your morning no matter what the weather is like.

Today, I decided to share two cards that I made using the Inky Flower Stamp Set and With Sympathy Word Die.  Layered on the Dip Dyed Ombre Paper, it made a perfect sympathy card.


I made a bunch of these all at once because I struggle with sympathy cards, especially when I actually need one.  When I come up with a nice design, I make several to ensure I have them on hand.  I hate that I need a stash of sympathy cards but it is a fact of life.  To create this cards, I chose several colors of Lil' Inker Designs Dip Dyed Ombre Paper and cut them for my card fronts.  Then I stamped along the edges using Inky Flower in colors the either complimented the color of the paper or created a monochromatic look.  I didn't want either product to outshine the other or be too flashy.  I loved the combos I came up with as they looked simple and classy.  I then cut my sentiment using the With Sympathy Word Die cut from in papers that matched the ink I used on the card.  I toyed with the placement of my sentiment for awhile before deciding to use a little vellum to help it really stand out but not break the card up too much.  Here is a look at each card individually.



I also played around with the orientation of the vellum.  I really like them both and I hope you do too!  You'll have to check out these awesome products but you should also check out the Lil' Inker Designs blog!  Today is Flashback Friday and the cards Jessica shared are AMAZING.  Also the products she used are on sale:  Perky Posies Die Set, Sending You Stamps, and the Spring Flowers Die Set.  Make sure to check it out!



Here are the products I used today:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!